The Complete Idiot's Guide to Organizing Your Life (third edition)
"Do not despair! . . . By following the clear, step-by-step advice Georgene Lockwood presents in this book, you will be able to create systems that are tailor-made to your specific needs." Gloria Ritter, founder and president of PaperMatters and More Inc., and president of the National Association of Professional Organizers, Greater Washington/Baltimore Chapter
Excerpt: The Ten Laws of Stuff
1. Stuff breeds. The more you have the more you need.
2. The useless stuff crowds out the good stuff.
3. Dust, bugs, rodents and moisture all love stuff.
4. Stuff tends to stay where it lands.
5. Stuff expands to fit the space available.
6. Over time stuff becomes invisible.
7. Stuff costs you money more than once.
8. Stuff has a powerful effect on your state of mind.
9. Stuff takes value only when it is used.
10. Stuff doesn't make you happy, you do!